We all want a life that is happy, fulfilling, and filled with overall positive experiences. But the truth is that it isn’t always happy or pleasant. Life is full of ups and downs, twists and turns, and bumps that you must navigate. It’s what makes this entire experience interesting, but it can sometimes be overwhelming.
One of the best ways you can learn to maneuver the challenges that life throws at you is by developing an overall positive mindset and implementing positive changes into your daily routine.
Why a Positive Change Is Necessary
Change in life is inevitable, and you always have the choice to embrace change and grow or resist it and get stuck. A positive change in mindset can help make you more understanding in life and teach you to embrace new things as they come. This helps prepare and propel you for the future.
Positive change is how you discover yourself, and explore your thoughts and feelings on situations in life. Many of us fear change, but having the ability to embrace change with open arms could really make a positive shift to having an extraordinary life.
Implementing positive changes in your life will help you to:
- Become calmer and more positive when handling challenges
- Remove negative energy from your mind in exchange for positive thoughts
- Strengthen your relationships while developing as an individual
- Become more flexible to new situations and environments
Small changes = Big impacts Cumulative power of small, steady changes in your daily routines
Ever heard the saying, “Slow and steady wins the race.”?
This applies to several aspects of life, including positive change. Sometimes when we think of making changes for a better life, we believe a grand, drastic shift is what is needed. While this may sometimes be necessary for specific circumstances, it can actually be more effective to make small, steady changes.
Smaller changes are easier to implement and stick to, and you can start making these changes right away.
6 small positive changes to make right now for a fulfilling life
- Embrace positive thoughts – Thoughts become feelings, which hold a certain energy. The trouble is that negativity is all around us, and you cannot always control the situations you face. It is also easy to get sucked into the negative vortex. What you can control however, is your perspective and your reaction to them. By reprogramming your mind and embracing positive thoughts, you can control your feelings and reactions to the surrounding situations and lift your vibration or energy, rather than deplete it.
- Start your day 30 minutes earlier with a positive morning routine. Let’s be honest, most of us set our alarms so that we have just enough time to get ready for work, or get the kids off to school and start the day. We begin the day in a rush, which continues throughout the day until bedtime. By giving yourself that extra 30 minutes in the morning, you’ll be able to ease into the day with time for exercise, meditation, breakfast, or even time to really plan the day. This saves you from feeling overwhelmed, rushed and unprepared, which can lead to an unproductive day.
- Be comfortable with uncertainty – Uncertain situations will happen because change is constant in life. Learn to accept that you cannot control everything or predict what may happen. Move from fear of the unknown to faith and acceptance. Practice this daily.
- Set boundaries – If you don’t set careful boundaries, people will take advantage of you. This will lead to burnout, feeling overwhelmed, and sometimes being underappreciated. Your boundaries are a sign of respect for both yourself and others. It is about deep self love.
- Set realistic expectations – Unrealistic expectations will only set you up for major disappointment, and this isn’t fair to yourself or others. Keep your expectations within reasonable limits, especially as it concerns other people.
- Invest in yourself – You should be your first investment. Your health and wellbeing should always come first. Investing in mindset and business coaching could help you to begin going in the right direction to the best version of yourself. Juie Cass’s passion was to write an entire book about this and it has since hit Best-seller lists. Her book ‘Me First’ has people saying “Loving your life changing book” and “If you are ready to courageously step into your next level of empowerment, this book is for you. The world needs this now and thank you for leading the way julie.” Change the stigma around ‘me first’ and understand that not only should this be a priority but a necessity. This is how you will create your biggest impact in life as your capacity will improve.
It’s time to start living a fulfilling life. You deserve it! If you need help, we’re here to help. Book a call to get started.